Fall

Thursday, March 25, 2010

What is real and what isn't

Tuesday night as I was driving home from dance I created a scene (in my head) that I am still chuckling about. It was 10:15 pm, I was on 12600 S almost to Bangater, those of who are familiar with the area it isn't very well lite. I had just approached the light to turn into Riverton hospital when I noticed a small woman caring a child( I am guessing here). I could barely see the top of this woman''s head as a blanket was thrown over the top of whom ever she was caring. The only evidence that what she was caring wasn't a box was it had legs protruding out from under the blanket. She seemed burdened by what she was caring, however she had a determined step. I was in the other lane, and was feeling rather guilty about not being able to pull over and help alleviate her burden. I assumed she was headed to the hospital and felt a little better as she was almost there. It was very dark, and I wondered if anyone else had seen her. The more I thought about stopping to help her, I could hear Bryan in my head saying "You are alone in the car, anything could happen so don't you dare think of stopping." Which than made me think of all the horrible things that could happen. But the two scenario's that keep me chuckling are as follows: I pull over, unroll the window ask if she would like some help and the blanket is thrown back to reveal a man that is holding a gun and he says for me to give him my money. The second one starts out the same however this time when the blanket is thrown back it is to reveal an alien/monster that comes through the window and tries to suck the life out of me. I have to say, not stopping was probably a better adventure than what may have happened if I did. When I got home I told Bryan all about it. He looked at me as if I had lost it, than he congratulated me on not stopping and then informed me I was not allowed to watch Supernatural any more. I still feel rather bad for not stopping, and hope that everything has turned out ok. Since there hasn't been any news reports about a crazy small man stealing hand bags or bodies find on the side of the road having their life sucked out of them, I feel it is safe to say my scenario's are wrong. Having reflected on this though I have to wonder how often do we create scenario's that aren't real? What do we get from creating them and are we even aware of how often we do this?
Today's guidance is: My Higher Education continues, Practice Makes Perfect, & Stress Management ( uncertain that I have stress, which means I am in denial and I do. Dag nabit!)
I Surrender & Trust

1 comment:

  1. Do I make up scenarios? ALL THE TIME! When I catch myself doing it I can't help but chuckle at how ridiculous they usually are. I do enjoy thinking up sometimes of what 'could' happen, ridiculous or not.

    ReplyDelete