Fall

Monday, March 29, 2010

Marriage

"We are gavveered here to day to talk about Marwiage". Sorry every time I hear that word I think of the Priest in Princess Bride. I am back now. Having performed several marriage ceremonies, one of them being this past week, I am reflecting on my own. I have a wonderful marriage, we have been married 20 years this year and together 22. It is hard to believe that we have been together that long. It still feels like yesterday. Do we have our ups and downs, absolutely. It has been brought to my attention though that there is more than one type of marriage. I ask that you look up what "Marriage" in the dictionarymeans, you may be surprised at what you find. Marriages today don't seem to last very long, I know people that change spouses to match what their current interests are. Even while they are still married they are looking for their next mate. I will not go into how wrong I think that is, because that is my opinion and that isn't my focus today. What I am asking is for you to look at all the relationships that you are currently in friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, ex's etc. Out of all those relationships can you name one person that knows the real you? Better yet do you know the real you? How can you know for sure? I have to wonder if the friends I have that are changing their spouses to match their current interests, if what they are really looking for is really themselves?
It was an amazing weekend, I am grateful for all the experiences I had and the growth I am making.I am grateful to have the man in my life that sees me as I a really am; bumps, cuts, buises and all.
Guidance for Today is: Marriage (surprise), Believe, Don't Compromise (unsure)
I Surrender & Trust

No comments:

Post a Comment