Fall

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Surrender

How many of us truly know what surrender means? I for one said it alot. It wasn't until my friend Kimberly challenged me to find out about surrender. We agreed to do it together. We gave ourselves 6 months to master it. Unfortunately, in the first 6 months we discovered we missed a step. In order to surrender you have to "Trust". I thought I was a trusting person, in fact at times my husband would tease me about being to trusting. It was in those 6 months of (what I thought was) "surrender" that I learned about what "Trust" is. I came up with the idea if I found the word "trust" it would remind me to do so. Every where I went I looked for it. I found "Truth", "Faith", "Hope", "Trust God". I couldn't ever find "Trust". It was while I was shopping with my daughter and she said to me "Mom, why can you not find Trust?" I stopped dead in my tracks. This brought tears to my eyes (still does),
"Because, I am looking for it" was my reply. This of course truly confused her. A very length conversation followed which I will not go into it at this time. Needless to say I stopped looking for it and I found it. I know what "Trust" means for me. T-totally, R-relying, U- utterly, on S-spiritual, T- timing. Knowing this has helped me learn how to "Surrender"(that story I will save for another day.) At the end of everyday I ask myself. How did I experience "Trust" today?

I Surrender & Trust
Guidance for today is: Wise Decision, Animals, Signs from Above (unsure)

No comments:

Post a Comment