Fall

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Neglecting

How do you know if you are neglecting something or someone? Neglect comes in all sorts of levels & shapes. For example the laundry pile, if you do it once a month because its only you than no big deal. If you do it once a month when there is more than three of you problems begin to appear. All of you run out of clean clothes, a wonderful odor takes over the home & others start to complain. Which in turn irritates you cause if they want clean clothes what is stopping them from doing it themselves (okay so he is only 5, he will have to learn some day). My point is this, neglect may start out small, eventually it will grow bigger if you don't do something about it. Yes, I am feeling guilty for something I neglected. I could make this in to how horrible a daughter I am, but I am choosing to take the high road and recognize that I neglected to call and invite my Mother over for Easter dinner. I "assumed" (yep, now I am paying for it), that she went over to my sister's. I spoke with my sister and she thought our Mother went to our other sister's. Long story short, neither of us called to ask. At this point I still do not know what my Mother did for Easter. I have learned that my siblings and I might benefit from creating a "custody" program so this doesn't happen again or ever.
See how the angels reminded me of my neglect. "Great now I have guilt." JK.
Thank you angels for reminding me to take care of what matters most.
Guidance for Today is: Higher Education (unsure), Don't Compromise, Steady Progress (unsure)
P.S. I change my intention of looking like a Victoria Secret model to Jennifer Garner in Elektra.
I Surrender & Trust

No comments:

Post a Comment