Fall

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Words

I know that I talk a lot about words and their meaning or definition, but you know it continually amazes me the words we use. For example last night, a teenager at Scouts asked me if I knew what "Dude" meant, I said it was slang for "friend", she replied "Nope, it is a hair on an elephants ass and a Dudette is two hairs". She looked it up again and showed me the definition. I immediately begin reviewing all the times I said "Hey, Dude" or "Dude, what are you doing" this review had me laughing. I am still chuckling as I hear people using it, like on the telephone commercial were individuals answer the phone saying "Dude". To show you how messed up my brain can be, I begin envisioning these hairs talking back. Can you see the comic/cartoon show? I even thought about those times someone said "Dude" back to me. Upon this reflections I begin to think, were they being friendly or were they calling me "a hair on an elephant's ass". Because to call me that is up there with being called a "horses ass" or as low as "hot dog water", and worse I wasn't even aware that I was being insulted. The comforting thought is I know most people don't know the original meaning for "Dude" so I know I am safe. Well, until now and I have shared this with you, so the next time any of you call me "Dude" I may call you on it to make sure you are not insulting me.

I surrender & trust

Guidance today: Optimism(wondering), Faith, Commitment

No comments:

Post a Comment