Fall

Monday, February 1, 2010

Judgement & Stress Management

I am sure none of you have experienced judgement, whether it's you doing the judging or you are being judged. I had an awareness this weekend with stress management in regards to judgement. I had lunch with my friends from high school. I haven't really seen or spoken to most of them in awhile. When we first set it up I was excited, however as the day drew near I became more and more nervous, expressed to others that I didn't want to go. By the morning of I was hoping everyone else would cancel. I told my husband how nervous I was, and he discussed with me the reasons why I may be nervous. The biggest one was "I didn't want to be judged", in high school I felt I had always been judged. I am grown-up (okay not really) and I have an amazing life. In the weeks before this lunch I began creating in my mind how this lunch would go, how each friend would point out my flaws, mistakes and that I hadn't accomplished much since I last saw them. As I was speaking to my husband, I realized I was the one judging me, not them. Isn't it funny what we chose to create stress in our lives. I was allowing a scenario I mentally created to decide how I felt and how I would react. I took a moment to remind myself that I love myself flaws, mistakes and unaccomplished goals and all. The only benefit I gain from causing myself stress & judgment in this matter is insecurity. Which in truth is not me.
I went enjoyed myself and learned a lesson in monitoring my emotions, stress management & healthy eating (when I am stressed I don't eat.) Weird how they all showed up for a lunch.
I surrender & trust!
Guidance for today: You are a leader (sure), Higher Education, & Wise Decision

No comments:

Post a Comment