Fall

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Moments of growth

Yesterday I had one of those moments when it felt like an after school special or a movie like "Sandlot" or "Stand by Me". I was a supportive actress in this film as I was dropping my son and his cousin off to go fishing for the day. As they collected their things out of the car I begin hearing the narrator saying, "It was the summer of my 13th year, I spent the summer fishing. My friends and I started out the summer as friends but by the end of the summer we were brothers. I learned more about life that summer............." I shook my head and attempted not to cry as I realized "Oh my hell, he is growing up." It is in those moments I begin questioning if I have taught him all the things he will benefit from as he grows. My only consolation is that he has a dad that will fill in the blanks. After this reflection, I begin reminiscing about my teenage summers and the many adventures I went on. My heart sored with joy and all the possibilities I had than. I looked at what I wanted to be when I grew up and how things have changed. I asked myself, have I achieved those possibilities, am I someone my mother can be proud of, do I contribute to society in a positive way, am I someone I would want as a friend? At the end of all these questions I learned that I am happy with who I am, where I am and where I am going. I am still carrying that feeling of joy. Thanks to my son and his "Summer of Fishing" I grew. This all took place with in a five minute time period.
It is amazing what one can learn in the "moments" of life.
I Surrender & Trust
Today's guidance is: Child (unsure), Steady Progress (unsure), Love (unsure)

No comments:

Post a Comment