Fall

Friday, June 11, 2010

Arrogance vs Confidence

Arrogance is a word that has been coming up a lot in various conversations. I have been working with a couple of clients on distinquishing the difference. However this morning as I was driving home from a viewing, I had this epiphany. Arrongance is the "Belief" that you know it all. Confidence is "KNOWing" that you do. Does that make sense? Here is an example: "You can not beat me at a game of basketball, I am so good." Arrogance. Can you here it? "Sure, love to play a basketball game with you, are you sure you want to play against me, cuz I am pretty good." Confidence. Do you hear the difference? I may not be conveying as well as I would like. Hope you get the idea though. That is what my learning experience was yesterday and what I didn't compromise. This is something I have been struggling with the "attitude" I receive from my daughter, I am learning that she is building her Confidence and at times it may come across as Arrogance. Tomorrow is her birthday so she and I will be head off for the rest of today playing.
I Surrender & Trust
Guidance for the weekend is: Optimism (unsure), Emotions(unsure), Retreat

No comments:

Post a Comment