Fall

Monday, May 3, 2010

Playfullness

Do you ever have one of those days where you are in a sarcastic, playful and teasing mood? It happens when you have playful conversations with complete strangers. You tease the clerk at the grocery store and they tease you back. You make an off handed comment to the assistant at Home Depot about "Shaking up the Paint", and he banters right back. I love those days. It reminds me of my childhood and the friendly bantering I did with my older brothers and my little sister. I watch and listen to my own children as they attempt do this, for example my daughter told my son "I was hoping for a little brother and end up with an older one, look how that turned out." I realize she is 8 and will get better with time. On the other hand when her brother attempts the same comment she falls apart, big tears and wants to know "how come he is so mean to her?". Again, another fond memory of my little sister and her response to our brothers teasing her. The old saying is "It is all fun and games until some one gets hurt", my question is were is the line of friendly bantering and bulling? My son says he is bullied a lot at school, however when I question him about said "bulling" what he describes to me are kids being kids and testing their own "bantering" skills. When I point out his bantering out and ask are you being a bully or playing? He gets all defensive. Would some one please explain to me the difference?
I Surrender & Trust
Guidance today is: Truth & Integrity (unsure), Freedom, Manifestation

No comments:

Post a Comment