Fall

Friday, May 14, 2010

Listening

Listening and hearing are two different things. A fine example is children, You tell them not to eat the popcorn, ask them what they are not to eat and they repeat "Popcorn" you leave the room and come back and they have eaten popcorn. and their reply to you is I "oh I thought you said corn". Another example is sitting in a meeting that has gone on longer than five minutes and all that has been accomplished is everyone has a drink and chair, the person conducting is lecturing on how "There is no I in team" all the while you are thinking of all the things you could be accomplishing if you weren't sitting in this meeting.
How do you know you are listening rather than hearing. Hearing requires no response or action on your part where as listening means you do. I listened yesterday to my guidance and it helped me stay in the flow of "Harmony", today's song is "flight of the bumble bee", and I have concerns about several things that are suppose to occur and I am being told to let it go "What will be will be" I will surrender this. In short the practice for today is to listen.
(Note: today I have a home full of children and I am only hearing the chaos, hence the reason for today's topic, plus the random thoughts. )
I Surrender & Trust
Guidance for today is: Surrender & Release, Abundance, Self Acceptance

No comments:

Post a Comment