Fall

Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Beginings

With it being the eve of New Years Eve I cannot help but begin reflecting on this past year. I took a few minutes to read past blog posts and was amazed at the growth and awareness's I have had. I will admit to being scared and excited about the new year and all its possibilities. I have begun thinking of what I would like to anticipate for my next year. My dream for this year is "Through my surrender & trust, I will gain Faith, Hope & Unity." I believe I have achieved it and in the most unusual and profound ways. I attempt to not expect anything for the new year as I believe when you expect something you limit yourself and those around you; it also limits on how it anything will appear. By expecting I also set myself up for disappointment. I reiterate that I am anticipating new & wonderful things for this upcoming year. Thus a New Beginning. When you watch "Christmas Carol", you learn about how Scrooge starts anew Christmas morning; after all his awakenings and awareness's. What I would like to know is how many of us take this into consideration every Christmas; do we wait for the New Year to start anew or are we still waiting for the "three spirits" to visit us to show us how we aught to be living so we too can have a New Beginning?

No comments:

Post a Comment