Fall

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dark Side of Appreciation

I learned about this on Sunday. I have been working on the Steps to Gratitude for a class I taught on Saturday. If you understand the process of learning you open yourself up to information coming in from many resources. I had been working on the lesson for this class for two months. Even, after the class I was open to learning more and I was informed about the dark side of Appreciation. I was surprised to learn this as I hadn't ever thought of this as even being apart of Appreciation. It is what happens to distract us from achieving Grace. What is the dark side? Infatuation. When you appreciate something so much that you have to have it which than turns to must have; which may than turn into need. You are in infatuation now instead of appreciation. Once it becomes a need you now have an addiction. Here is an example: I appreciate a cup of coffee so much I would like to have more. I receive another cup of coffee and I am not satisfied so I will get another one. I have it but feel as if I need another. Hope this makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment