Fall

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Senses

With the cold season coming up many of us are dreading the possibilities of getting one. May I suggest taking a moment to enjoy the fact. I know this sounds strange especially when you don't feel well. Have you ever heard of when one of your senses is compromised the others will intensify? Example: If you are blind your hearing becomes better? Have you ever had a hang-over? When you woke up were your senses overly sensitive? This is kind of what happens with a cold, if you have a head cold your body aches do to compensation. It has to feel everything so you can process your world, since your brain can not do it. I challenge you to test my theory. The next time your nose is clogged see if your eyesight seems a little sensitive. I am currently testing this theory as my eyes have been bothering me, so my ears seem to have increased in their ability and I cringe at sounds, I've been turning everything down. I also notice I am extra jumpy as my "feelers" sense things quickly. It can be unnerving.

I surrender & trust

No comments:

Post a Comment