Fall

Monday, January 10, 2011

Dare to Dream

As children we can do anything. We believe we can fly to the moon and will create ways to do it. Even though it may appear as if we haven't even left the backyard. As we get older we are told more and more to stop "Daydreaming", to "Get our mind out of the clouds". How many of us have allow our minds to wander off into nothing when sitting at the office, a desk or sometimes in the middle of a conversation? I have.

At what point do we lose that part of us? Does it happen automatically when we turn 18 or 21? Does it happen when we reach our 30's as this is when we are "Suppose to settle down and be responsible"? I can not help but hold onto the thought that we don't really stop dreaming, it is more likely that we are being told what is "acceptable" to dream.

For me Dreams are obtainable possibilities that I aim for. The great things about dreams is they do not ever have a deadline. Dreams also have no limits. When I give myself permission to imagine reaching a dream, that child like wonder and excitement reappears. I love the way it feels so I dare myself to dream daily.

How often do you?

My dream for this year is being created and I will share it with you once I have finalized it. Until than. My guidance for today is:

Sleep (unsure), Heaven is watching (unsure), & Don't Compromise (unsure)

No comments:

Post a Comment