Fall

Monday, March 14, 2011

Luck

What is this? According to my Oxford dictionary it means 1. Good or Bad luck. 2. Circumstances of life brought by this. If you notice neither one of these definitions states what role you may have in creating luck. I say this as I have sibling that says all the time how "If he didn't have bad luck he wouldn't have any luck at all." I on the other hand am constantly surprised at how things work out for me. Currently, I watching how luck plays out with my children. Example: My daughter wanted to buy a bag of toys for our dog. The price on it said $10 and she only had $1.50. I told her she didn't have enough, she was insistent though saying it was in the $1 box. She wouldn't listen to what I was saying, I allowed her to take it to the check out to buy it. It rang up $5.99, she informed the clerk it was in the $1 box, you know what the clerk did, yep changed it and gave it to her for the dollar. I seriously contemplated having her tell the clerk how much my groceries where. Now, I ask you was she lucky or did she create it? I say it is both. She knew it was $1 and nothing was going to change her mind. How many of us can say the same about things we want? Do we have the unwavering belief and faith that it is or do we question? I am beginning to believe that "Luck" has more to do with what we believe and our own belief on "deserving it". Cause if something good happens we question "How come". So my challenge to you this week is create your own luck. Ask for something, believing that it is yours and wait for it to appear.

I Surrender & Trust
Guidance for today is: Confidence, Speak Your Truth, Triumphant

No comments:

Post a Comment