Fall

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Comfort Zone

Comfort Zone
I have come to realize that children are here to not only drive you nuts but to push your comfort zone so you will grow. I say this as I have two children that are constantly pushing me to see things from a different point of view or do things that I am not comfortable with. I also think that teachers give homework to the children not for the children to do, but to remind their parents of things they have learned and of skills they have. My daughter is currently working on two projects; one is a science and the other a county float. The county float caused her to cheerful inform me that Utah is huge. If my children were not pushing my comfort level enough I will create a friend or other family member that will ask me to do something that I am currently not feeling comfortable with. Such as performing or conducting a memorial service. (My father-in-law has asked me to do his) I feel I have awhile before actually having to face this particular event. However, I was asked to do one for a dear friend recently (I think this was a test run). I did learn a few things that if ever asked again I would do first. For this I am grateful.

My question to you to day is what have you become comfortable with doing? I am comfortable with performing wedding ceremonies, so guess what, my comfort level was pushed. I told this to you as a warning. If you become to comfortable with something then puff you will be pushed to do that thing at a higher or different way. So be prepared. Getting out of your comfort zone is a good thing though, it does help you grow. Yeah.

Side note: If you don't willingly push your comfort zone, your guides will.

I Surrender & Trust

Guidance: Generosity, Believe, Be Brave

No comments:

Post a Comment